Free Float Lock Ring for Dillon Toolhead allow the sizer and seater dies to float. This floating action allows the dies to center themselves exactly over each cartridge for the best possible alignment and more concentric ammunition. This free float lock ring will only fit with free float toolheads for Dillon XL650 / XL750 or RL550.
Free Float Lock Rings are sold individually. Price is for one piece.
The installation of floating lock rings is fairly simple.
- Completely remove lock rings from the dies and set the dies so that they touch the floorplate (or according to die instructions).
- Then screw on the lock rings down to the toolhead using hands only.
- Then carefully un-screw the ring until the small vertical hole first time aligns with the small threaded bore in the toolhead.
- Screw the small bolt through the ring into the toolhead.
- Tighten the lock ring with cross bolt.
This is it. The die should be a little loose inside the toolhead, this is normal.